Recent Fallen Warriors
- US Army
- US Marine Corps
- US Navy
- US Air Force
EOD News | more
05.09.2013 | The EOD Warrior Foundation is adding to their team
We will be hiring an EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator in the Eglin AFB, FL area. For Position Description and information on applying see below.
The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator is responsible to the Executive Director for managing the relationships required to maintain the physical EOD Memorial at Eglin AFB, FL and for overseeing the operations of the memorial events in May each year. The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator is also responsible for managing the Memorial volunteers.
Summary of essential job functions
- Advises the Executive Director on operations and administration
- Oversees operations of the memorial component of the EOD Warrior Foundation
- Manages an annual budget for memorial operations and events within guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Serve as primary representative for the EOD Warrior Foundation to NAVSCOLEOD staff
- Oversees committee plans and coordinates volunteers.
- Coordinates major fund raising events; such as the annual EOD Memorial Ball and associated activities.
- Responsible for taking care of our legacy and honoree family members and donors to ensure all communication is delivered in accordance with the “EOD Warrior Foundation Way”. Responsible for responding to customer concerns and complaints in a proactive responsive way. Responsible for escalating customer concerns to the executive director.
- Responsible for monthly status reports of fallen warriors, all legacy family needs and correspondence.
The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator will have an education and professional background commensurate with this position. The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator will typically be degreed at the Bachelors level or have equivalent experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, speak, and hear. The position requires extensive computer use so the employee must have sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The EOD Memorial Care and Events coordinator must be able to travel within the local Eglin AFB, Florida area on a weekly basis, as well as to attend meetings with NAVSCOLEOD and the Global EOD Conference and Exposition. Attending other events at various locations may be necessary to maintain proficiency in fulfilling the responsibilities of the position and must be pre-approved by the Executive Director.
The work environment will be a home office. Travel to, the memorial site at Eglin AFB, FL, NAVSCOLEOD and other locations for meetings will be expected when required. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Reasonable accommodations in the work environment may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Capabilities / qualities required
- The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator will be a subject matter expert in Memorial Events and the EOD community.
- The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator will be a seasoned expert at delivering quality service and products to customers on time and within budget.
- The EOD Memorial Care and Events Coordinator is a problem solver versus problem identifier.
- Great people skills. Skilled at performance management and conflict resolution.
- Team builder and team player. This person works well with other members of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
How to apply:
Submit resumes to the Executive Director, Nicole Motsek at firstname.lastname@example.org
|HR use only|
|Generic title||Operations and Events Coordinator|
|Pay/salary||$30,000 – $40,000 commensurate with experience|
Job posting closes on Friday May 31st
Phone screens will be held with top candidates following job closing
Top three to five candidates will be invited to in person interviews – tentatively June 20th & June 21st